Covid-19 Update March 2021
At Wexham Park Golf Centre we are monitoring official advice regarding the Coronavirus situation and have produced this policy to keep our members, guests, and the team at the club safe.
The clubhouse remains closed; however, the Blue & Green courses are now available to play in line with HM government guidelines. The Professional Shop will reopen for bookings and registration only. Retail purchases will not be permitted until 12th April 2021. Face Coverings remain mandatory to enter and whilst in the pro shop.
Golf can be considered one of the safest pursuits in these uncertain times, enjoying the health benefits of fresh air, the countryside, and exercise is important. We would like to pass on to our golfers some recommended guidance and suggestions for your wellbeing.
- If you, or those in your household, are feeling unwell STAY AT HOME.
- Wash your hands regularly for at least 20 seconds.
- If this is not possible then use hand sanitiser – we recommend you always carry some of this in your golf bag.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing and immediately discard it in a bin.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces regularly.
- Remember to clean your mobile phone and credit cards with an alcohol-based sanitiser
- Always stay a safe distance from other people and wear a face covering.
- Keep physical contact with those outside of your household to a minimum. If you can play with members of your household then we recommend that you do.
- Avoid public gatherings or places where physical distancing is not possible.
When visiting the Golf Centre
- Park in every other parking space when possible.
- Do not come to the club if you do not have a tee time booked; you will be turned away.
- All bookings must be made in advance either on-line or over the phone. Anyone turning up without a booking may be asked to leave site. Members will be permitted to book 14 days in advance and are expected to adhere to the Fair Play Initiative.
- So as not to promote group activity at this time no member roll-up times will be allocated. Individual members must book their own tee time and give names for playing partners.
- All bookings are to be where possible in 4 balls to promote consistent speed of play.
- To maximise the demand upon the tee sheet if 2 balls are booked, you should be prepared to be paired up with other members (or visitors with visitors)
- 18-hole bookings will take priority on the Blue Course.
- The Professional shop will be open to take contactless payment for guests on arrival.
- Visitors must pay in full at the time of booking.
- To allow tee times to be taken up by others, we ask that you inform us of cancellation as soon as possible, preferably with at least 24hrs notice.
- Cancellations within 24hrs will be chargeable and no refunds will be issued for “no-shows”.
- Our check-in process will be within the Professional Shop. Golfers will only be permitted to pass this point if they have a booking for a tee time, the driving range or tutelage with a professional.
- Please do not arrive too early, we will not allow gatherings in the carpark and the team have full authority to ensure that all activities on site are carried out in line with Government Guidance.
- You may use the putting green or practice nets on the way to the 1st tee.
- When approaching the first tee please remember physical distancing and do not enter the tee box until the group ahead have left the tee.
Golf Course Guidance
- The flag sticks should not be removed at any time.
- Covid 19 flagsticks remain in the holes so that the ball is easily retrieved without the need to touch the flag or cause damage to the holes.
- All bunker rakes have been removed, the greens team and course marshals will endeavour to rake the bunkers throughout the day, but golfers are asked to smooth the sand with their foot or club as much as possible.
Golf Carts and Hire Trolleys
- Golf carts and hire trolleys will be available to hire. Sanitiser is available for you to use.
- Do not share clubs, balls, or any other equipment.
- Do not help playing partners look for lost balls unless this can be done keeping a safe distance apart.
- If you find lost balls on the course remember they need sanitising too.
On the Course
- Always stay a safe distance from other people.
- A 4 ball should complete 18 -holes in 3.5 – 4hrs. Slow play will result in golfers grouping up which does not promote physical distancing.
- Ball washers are not available for use.
- After your round replace the customary handshake with a nod of heads.
- Golfers can visit the takeaway hospitality facility before and/or after their round, for refreshments, however grouping under the stretch tent will not be permitted. Takeaway is open from 7am –3pm.
- Alcohol is not permitted for sale at this time. The consumption of alcohol will not be tolerated in the car park or on the Driving Range. Failure to comply with this policy will result in suspension of membership or visitor suspension from the facility.
- The shop reception will operate on a limited capacity basis.
- Face covering must be worn whilst in the pro shop.
- Please complete your registration as quickly as possible and depart from the shop.
- Contactless card payment is required at the shop.
- Retail sales are limited to essentials of the game only – balls, tees etc.
- A range of cold drinks and snacks will be available via the shop and the takeaway facility. The beverage cart will operate as often as possible.
- Larger items of retail can only be purchased via click and collect service.
- The clubhouse and locker rooms remain closed until 17th May 2021.
- The toilet facilities will be open and accessible via the back door of the pro shop or by entry around the far side of the clubhouse.
- a safe social distance should be always observed whilst waiting to enter the toilet facilities. A sanitising unit will be situated outside the facilities prior to entering. These facilities will be frequently sanitised throughout the day.
- Trolley hire will be available, sanitiser will be provided for self-service.
- The above policy is in place to allow golf to be played in a safe way, under current Government advice. To enable this to continue and path the way for further relaxation of restrictions we are asking all club users to play their part in our collective responsibility.
- Course Marshals, in addition to the check-in/pro shop team will ensure that these guidelines are being adhered to and are authorised to take any necessary steps to make sure this is the case.
- Any member or guest not following the above-stated policy will be asked to leave the course and premises, in the case of non-members, no refund would be issued.
- Members who fail to adhere to these guidelines could see their membership suspended at the discretion of the General Manager.
- All golf coaching professionals will adhere to the following guidance to ensure safety of both customers and professional staff:
- Promote coaching and playing lessons to take place outdoors and ideally on the course although social distancing must still be observed.
- If using a practice ground or similar, create a safe distance exclusion zone around the lesson tee/golfer.
- If you must move a player into position, use an alignment stick, which is easy to wipe down with a sanitising wipe before and after the lesson.
- Wash hands with soap and water before and after the session
- Provide sanitiser for your golfers.
- Offer short game coaching sessions that allow the golfers to use their own golf balls, so not to share equipment that other people have touched.
- Flags are to be taken out of the holes on practice areas.
- one to one session permitted.
- Rule of 6 groups permitted (5 plus professional)
Covid-19 Update 04/01/2021
As per the governments announcement this evening – all facilities at Wexham Park Golf Centre are now closed. Any updates will be provided via our website and social media channels.
Covid-19 Update 20/12/2020
Golf & Range Open
Following the prime minister’s announcement, we have received confirmation golf may be played strictly with one other person outside your household.
Our driving range will continue to operate with only 2 persons permitted in each bay.
We will offer a limited takeaway service from under the stretch tent, between the hours of 7.30am & 1.30pm.
Please register on arrival in the professional shop and arrive no more than 15 minutes before your tee time or 5 minutes before your range bay reservation.
Please can I remind all members and visitors the consumption of alcohol is not permitted under any circumstances in the car park after your game.
I ask you respect the Tier 4 Government guidelines and the staff who are trying their very best to work under constantly evolving conditions.
Covid-19 Update 19/12/2020
As of the 19th December 2020 Wexham Park Golf Centre has been placed under Tier 3 restrictions. Attached is guidance of the tier restrictions for golf clubs from our governing body England Golf.
Covid-19 Update 01/12/2020
I am overjoyed to be able to confirm we will be re opening on Wednesday 2nd December and golf play will resume as before the 2nd lockdown period.
In addition, 10am on Wednesday will see the opening of our brand new Driving Range.
The Driving Range will now be operated via bay booking system, the link to “Book a Bay” will be available and live on our website from 10am on Monday 30th November. We will also publish details of how to book and the link on our Facebook page.
Yesterday the Government announced the post lockdown Tier System, WPGC has been placed in Tier 2. (we are located in South Bucks) The tier restrictions we must now follow are as follows:
1. No mixing of households indoors
2. Maximum of 6 persons mixing outside
3. Alcohol can only be served with a “substantial meal”
I know that every golfer wants to “par tee” or par take in a beverage post play, therefore Head chef Pawl is revising our menu to provide simpler options that will comply with such a regulation.
Whilst you have been in the 2nd lockdown, the Greens Team have undertaken a major project to install 10 lateral drainage lines across the 3rd Fairway, and new paths on the 3rd and 6th.
We have also begun preparations for Phase 1 of the course redevelopment project. Upon return to the club you will see a new roadway and compound area in the old 2nd fairway and a line of Haras fencing segregating the unused section of the original course.
With the probability of an increase of traffic and large lorries entering the golf club, our priority is your safety. We will be implementing a new guided walkway route in the car park to both the Green & Blue Course. Respectfully, for your safety can I ask you follow the new routes and not deviate to walking in the driveway.
The Wexham Team are looking forward to welcoming you back and to help us keep everyone safe, please remember to wear your face covering when entering the Pro Shop, clubhouse or cloakroom facilities.
Covid-19 Update 04/11/2020
Covid-19 Update 24/09/2020
Customers in hospitality venues must wear face coverings, except when seated at a table to eat or drink.
Staff in hospitality and retail will now also be required to wear face coverings
In licensed premises, food and drink must be ordered from and served to a table. We will now be operating a seated service only. You must check in at the entrance and wait to be seated by the host.
To comply with NHS Track & Trace we are required to take the name and telephone of every person visiting the premises. To assist us please download the NHS COVID-19 App, this will allow you to provide your details using a simple scan of our unique QR code.
Customers can only eat or drink at a table.
Visitors to the Professional Shop must wear a face mask to sign in and pay green fees.
You must not meet in a group of more than 6 indoors or outdoors.
Please click on READ MORE to view the latest Government Guidelines.
You will notice some changes, the staff have been briefed and signage updated. Our team look forward to welcoming you to the club.
Rule of Six
Further to the Newsletter last Thursday we wanted to remind you of the new “Rule of Six” that will become law and be enforced from tomorrow, Monday 14th September 2020.
This has been further re-inforced by guidance from England Golf, the national governing body for golf in England. A copy of their email is shown below.
Track and Trace
Just a reminder that we now need to track the full names and contact number of everyone attending Wexham Park Golf Centre. Please help us keep queues to a minimum by having the full names and contact number of all non-members/guests available for us to record on our Track and Trace sheets. This applies to visitors to play golf or dine/drink with us.
Thank you for your co-operation and understanding during this period.
The worldwide spread of COVID -19 (commonly known as Coronavirus) has had a major impact on our business and economy.
Considering recent events, Wexham Park Golf Centre has issued an operation policy statement setting out their response to the ongoing situation of COVID – 19.
This policy has been developed with assistance from hospitality professionals within the industry in line with advice and guidance from Public Health England and it sets out the steps the company have taken with a view to minimise the risk to our staff, customers, visitors and contractors, who may plan to attend WPGC premises in the near future.
The policy is focused on cleaning practices, social interactions, and workplace protocols across the hospitality business, whilst ensuring the Customer and employee experience is enjoyable and in the safest environment.
Wexham Park Golf Centre is looking forward to welcoming our loyal members, visitors, and customers through our doors. Preventative measures for the spread of COVID – 19
- We ask customers or staff exhibiting any symptom associated with COVID – 19 not to attend our premises until the recommended self- isolation period has passed and all symptoms have gone.
- If the company has been informed of any employee who are exhibiting symptoms associated with COVID – 19, we will require the individual to stay at home for the recommended self-isolation period before returning to work.
- We are reducing the number of customer limit in the clubhouse and outside seating areas at any one time to help us practice social distancing as per the Government guidelines
- If advised that a member of staff or public has developed COVID – 19 and were recently on the premises the management team will contact Public Health Authority to discuss the case and identify the people he/she has been in contact with.Bookings
• We will be taking a limited number of pre bookings for Sunday Lunch only. Tables are allocated on a 1st come 1st served basis only. We have taken the decision does not apply a drinks limit or a time restriction, instead we reserve the right to ask you to “move on” if we require the table for other incoming members or visitors.
• In house training has been administered to all operation employees prior to returning to work. First Aiders will be aware of specific issues relating to the virus. All staff will be informed of any updated information and be trained in line with Government guidelines.
- Employees have the right to wear protective equipment and have access to a mask, face shield and gloves should they wish to use PPE.
- Hand sanitiser will be provided for staff and customers to use upon entry and exit of the clubhouse.
- Hand washing facilities with antibacterial soap will always be available.Cleaning
• We will be frequent cleaning and sanitisation of objects and surfaces in high use areas such as door handles, tables and bar surfaces using the appropriate cleaning products and methods.
On Site Procedure:
- The same procedure applies both inside and outside.
- You will always be required to keep all your personal belongings with you, there are no coat racks available.
- Obtain your table number before getting in the queue, we cannot process your beverage or food order without an allocated tablenumber.
- Under the NHS Test and Trace scheme we are required to take the name and telephone number of every person visiting WPGC
- Standing to consume hot /cold beverages or food is not permitted at this current time.
- Keep social distance of 1 meter plus apart when queuing to place your food and beverage orders.
- Large menus have been placed in the clubhouse, function suite and external seating areas for your ease.
- Only 1 person to queue to place the order.
- All foods will be supplied with one use cups, plates, salad boxes and cutlery until further notice.
- Condiments will be supplied in single use sachets upon request.
- Dispose of your own rubbish in the waste bins provided.
- Do not move tables or chairs, the layouts have been set to comply with social distancing guidance.
- Tables of 6 persons from different households are only permitted on the designated tables in the external areas
Violence & Aggression
• Violence and aggression in the form of swearing, threats or any act of violence will not be tolerated. Anyone giving verbal abuse to a member of staff or others will be asked to leave immediately.
These are both challenging and extraordinary times for all hospitality businesses. Wexham Park Golf Centre has taken a few temporary measures so to ensure that all the staff, members, customers, and visitors feel safe when visiting us.
We thank you in advance for your patience and understanding
From Monday 8th June we will be operating 4-balls on both the blue and green course.
BLUE COURSE BOOKINGS
Members can now book tee times via the website, member hub, or by calling the pro shop.
Priority “member only” tee times will be available from 7.00am through to midday. If a member wishes to book a tee time after midday please call the pro shop on 01753 663 271 option 1 or alternatively email Adam Stacey at firstname.lastname@example.org
Visitors will only be permitted to play after midday and we are only permitting 18 hole play.
GREEN COURSE BOOKINGS
Open to both members and visitors from 7.00am and 6.00pm. bookings can be made online or by calling the pro shop.
THE DRIVING RANGE
We are seeking further guidance on the opening of this facility.
Individual 1:1 lesson teaching will resume from Monday 18th May – Bookings to be made directly with the professionals via the teaching page links. Group lessons are not permitted.
It is important to stress that this remains an extremely difficult situation and we must as a sport work together to resume play responsibly as and when the Government determines it is safe to do so.
We look forward to welcoming you back.